Ninja blenders have emerged as a popular mid-range blender line for the average home consumer. Their many affordable models have something for every need and everyone looking to incorporate smoothies, frozen drinks, and more into their diet. Ninja blenders can chop or process food, spiralize vegetables, and crush ice to make a perfect summer treat. The high-powered blades make it easy and quick to make a morning smoothie on the way out for work and their blade technologies allow for super smooth blends, eliminating large food chunks.
Ninja blender parts are safe to put in your dishwasher, which makes cleaning them really easy. They offer many different models that might seem a little intimidating to choose from, so we’ve arranged this guide explaining what you should consider if you are interested in buying one for yourself and a list explaining some of their most loved models.
Features to Consider
Size and Capacity
First, think about who will be using this blender. Ninja offers personal options as well as larger countertop blenders. If you are someone who is planning on making single-serve smoothies and drinks, a personal blender would work great for you. If you have a family or a small restaurant, you might want to think about a larger option.
When considering blender sizes, also think about where your blender will live. If you have a small kitchen with very little storage space, you might want to consider a small, compact blender. If you are thinking about a larger option, make sure you have some extra countertop or storage space to spare.
Each blender model, especially the larger models, comes with extra small containers so that you can create a single serving of large batches. This feature is great for those with families who also want to take a smoothie on the go. For the most versatility and use, we recommend a larger model so that you always have the option of making more.
Each blender model’s power is measured in watts and blenders with basic capabilities usually range from 500 to 800 watts. Ninja blenders are a little more powerful, ranging from 900 to 1500 watts. This extra power boost allows the blender to crush more difficult ingredients like ice and tough vegetables. 900 watts are generally sufficient for things like frozen fruits, but pulverizing nuts and veggies like celery requires more wattage. Keep in mind that as power increases, price usually does as well.
Ninja Blender Prices
Prices vary based on which line the blender belongs to, accessories, and features. We will discuss some of these features later in more detail, but here are general price ranges.
|Blender line / Feature||Price|
|Ninja Chef / Kitchen Systems||$180-$200|
Depending on the model, your blender may come with automatic programming, which will make it very easy to use. These programs include smoothie, frozen drink, dough, puree, chop, and more. They take the guesswork out of blending different recipes and will let you make different creations with the touch of a button. Some of the more advanced Ninja models come with up to 12 programs, so consider what you want to make with your blender and whether or not automatic programming will be helpful for you.
Most Ninja blenders include at least two speed options: low and high. Some have more and also include a pulse feature. The basic two speeds are generally sufficient unless you just want more control. When considering a Ninja blender for yourself, think about how involved you want to be in the process. If you are looking for a hands-off approach, the Nutri Edge model might work best for you as it has no speed controls. You simply press your cup down onto the base and it blends for you. If you want more control, you might want to look into the Professional Countertop line.
Ninja Blender Accessories
Finally, included accessories are important to consider when making your Ninja purchase. Some models come with extra cups and recipe books. There are also tools that can attach to your blender like an auto-spiralizer. Each model description below will list the included accessories.
Ninja Blender Models
Ninja Professional 72-ounce Countertop Blender (BL610)
This larger countertop blender is perfect for someone who wants a full-sized blender at a great price. At around $100, this model is the best value for the money. It is powerful with a 1000-watt motor and a 6-blade assembly that can quickly crush ice for frozen drinks. There’s no need to spend more time making drinks in the kitchen than necessary when everyone else is out enjoying the pool!
The Professional Blender includes a large 72 oz. blending container, but no extra accessories. Four manual speeds give you more control over how long and how quickly you blend, and the four automatic programs (crush, blend, puree, and process) allow you to let the machine take over if you would rather multitask.
- Large container for gatherings and/or families
- No extra grab-and-go cup
- Large machine makes storage difficult
- Blade placement makes cleaning a challenge
Overall, this blender seems to have great value for the price. The negative reviews were mainly centered around personal preference, so take that into consideration when deciding if this is the blender for you! For more reviews and pricing information, click here.
Ninja Professional Countertop Blender (BL660)
If the previous blender sounded perfect, but you wish that it included extra cups, the BL660 model may be perfect for you. It is very similar to the BL610, but comes with two smaller 16 oz. cups with lids which are great for taking a breakfast smoothie to work with you.
This model is slightly more powerful with 1100 watts, but only has 3 speed functions instead of 4. It also includes pulse and single-serve functions.
- Large container and extra cups
- Price – Some complained about the price. However, this is a great value, especially including the extra serving cups.
- Large size makes storage difficult
- Noisy – This tends to happen with all powerful blenders and was seen as a negative across the board.
This model seems to be a good value and addresses one of the main concerns of the previous model (BL610). Again, the negative reviews tend to be centered around personal preferences, but click here to read more.
Ninja Countertop Blender with Auto-iQ Base (BL688)
The slightly more powerful 1200-watt countertop blender comes with a large 72 oz. pitcher and Auto-iQ technology, which is only found in Ninja blenders. This feature has pre-programmed settings for different blended creations like smoothies, milkshakes, and frozen drinks. Using this technology, the blender can detect the weight of the ingredients, then blend based on that information for a set amount of time. This takes the guesswork out of how long to blend certain recipes and is easy to control on the front panel of the blender.
- Large container
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Slightly pricey at $145
- Large size makes storing and lifting the blender difficult
- Only one pitcher – no on-the-go cups
- Very loud – most large, powerful blenders are
This model does not seem to offer much more than extra power for the price increase than the BL660, but would be good if you want to regularly crush tough ingredients. To read more reviews and pricing information, click here.
Ninja Mega Kitchen System Blender and Food Processor (BL770)
The Mega Kitchen System is one of the most powerful Ninja blenders with a 1500-watt motor. It has both blender and food processor capabilities and is ideal for someone who is interested in nutrient extraction through blending. If you want to maintain all of the vitamins and nutrients from the fruit in your smoothies, this is the machine for you.
With your purchase, you will get a large 72 oz. pitcher for blending, a food-processing bowl that can chop 8 cups of ingredients, and a dough blade that makes this model unique. Using this blade, you will be able to quickly make large amounts of dough. Finally, there are two single-serve cups for on-the-go. This machine is an all-in-one kitchen tool for more those who are serious about healthy eating, but also enjoy a sweet bake every now and then.
- Very powerful
- Large containers, extra containers
- Dough-making capability
- Higher price ($190)
- Cleaning – The cleaning complaints seemed to come from people who left ingredients on the blades so long that they dried. If you immediately rinse, these challenges should be minimal.
The Mega Kitchen System is a powerful and versatile kitchen tool. This might not be the best basic blender, but will provides much benefit for the slightly more experienced cook. For more reviews and pricing information, click here.
Nutri Ninja Blender with FreshVac Technology (BL850)
This powerful blender is equipped with 1100 watts of power and Auto-iQ technology to simplify the blending process. It also operates with FreshVac, which is another technology specific to the Ninja brand. FreshVac consists of a pump that pulls the oxygen out of the container before blending. This prevents oxidization, ensuring that all vitamins and nutrients are retained and that your drink will can stay sealed and fresh for up to 8 hours after preparation.
This model offers 2 Auto-iQ blending programs as well as pause and 2 manual speed features. It comes with two 24 oz. single-serve FreshVac cups with spout lids as well as the FreshVac pump. This model is more of a personal blender than the previous models. It does not include a large blending container.
- Extra drink container
- FreshVac technology
- Pump is an extra accessory and produces an extra step in the assembly process.
For more reviews and pricing information, click here.
Ninja CT661V Smart Screen DUO Technology Blender with FreshVac
If you are looking for something like the B850 but with a larger blending capacity, this model might be the one for you. It offers the same FreshVac technology to keep smoothies fresh, but with a more powerful 1400-watt motor and a large 72 oz. blending pitcher. It has enough power to crush just about any ingredient that you put inside, and 7 pre-set Auto-iQ programs to make blending as easy as possible. This blender also comes with an extra 20 oz. single-serve cup.
- Large container, extra container
- Dishwasher safe
- Higher price ($160)
- Large size – takes up counter space and difficult to store
- Very loud and heavy
To read more reviews and pricing information, click here.
Ninja Nutri Edge (BL456)
The Ninja personal blender is perfect for a single person who wants a quick and simple blend. Its size and price makes it a great basic single-serve blender for on-the-go. Equipped with 900 watts of power, it is capable of breaking fruits and veggies and also comes with two single-serve cups (18 and 24 oz.).
Although this blender does not give the user tons of control mechanisms, it gives the user the option to pulse their ingredients to their desired consistency. At $60, it is an affordable option for someone interested in nutritious shakes or meal replacement smoothies.
- Small container – perfect for single servings
- BPA free and dishwasher safe
- Too simple – not a multi-functional machine advanced users
- Difficult to manage with weak hands
- Not enough capacity for large families or gatherings
- Difficult to disassemble the blades – must clean immediately
- Leakage – some reported leaks from the bottom of the container, but this seemed to happen after overfilling the blender cup
For more pricing information and reviews, click here.
Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System (CT680)
We will wrap up with another all-in-one model, the Intelli-Sense Kitchen System. It has a strong motor with 1200 watts and can do virtually any cooking task that you give it. You can blend smoothies and drinks, process veggies for meal prep, and spiralize them for healthy pasta alternatives.
This model is outfitted with all of the accessories, including a large 72 oz. capacity blending pitcher, a 64 oz. food processor bowl and blade, a 24 oz. single-serve cup with a lid, another 8 cup precision processor bowl, an auto-spiralizer, and a 35-recipe inspiration guide. Although it comes with lots of parts and capabilities, it also has smart programs that can detect which container you’re using based on size, and determine which program you need to get the job done.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Built-in smart programs
- Multiple adaptors and containers
- Useful attachments
- Fairly noisy – Again, all of these blenders seem to be noisy.
For pricing information and reviews, click here.
Tips and FAQs
How should I clean my Ninja blender?
- All blender parts are dishwasher safe and blades should be immediately rinsed with warm water after use. When cleaning, the safest way to pick up the blade shaft is from the top.
- Avoid overfilling blending containers, which can lead to spills during the blending process.
What accessories can be purchased for Ninja blenders?
- Most models come with some accessories, listed above. There are also a wide range of containers to purchase as extras. These include stainless steel cups to keep smoothies cold and bowls for food processing.
Which Ninja model is most powerful?
- The most powerful model is the Ninja Mega Kitchen System, which has a 1500-watt motor. This makes it as powerful as some professional machines.
Which Ninja model is best for smoothies?
- The answer to this question depends on the quantity of smoothies that you want to make. For a single serving, the Nutri Ninja might be best because it is the most compact yet effective. For a larger batch, a full-size blender like a Ninja Professional or the Mega Kitchen System would work best.
Can I use my Ninja blender to make hot soups?
- Generally, you shouldn’t put hot ingredients into a blender. There is one exception in the Ninja line, however. The Mega Kitchen System can handle making soups, but only with ingredients that are not super hot. As a general rule, you should not put any ingredients that are over 180 degrees in your blender for safety reasons. It is better to blend cold or room temperature ingredients first, then heat them up in a separate container.
Can I use my Ninja blender as a juicer?
- Ninja blenders are not designed to be juicers. However, it can still be done with certain models. The Ninja DUO can be purchased with a specialized pulp filter for juicing purposes.
In conclusion, this is not an exhaustive list of Ninja blenders. If you start looking, there are many different options to choose from. These range from personal blenders to large family blenders to machines for beginners to those for experienced users. We hope that this article helped you narrow down exactly what you are looking for in a Ninja blender and pointed you toward several good options for your needs.